We wouldn't be who we are without our talented team of experts - and we're always looking to add to it. If you think that you have a skill set that would be a good fit for us at Clearly Drinks - either in production, maintenance and electrical engineers and/or sales - we'd love to hear from you. Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com, stating 'speculative' on the subject area.
Position: Environmental & Sustainability Coordinator
• Position title: E&S Coordinator
• Department: Operations
• Position title Manager: Ops Director
• Position title direct reports: NA
The role offers a career enhancing move, with significant scope for learning and progression.
You will be supporting a fast-growing business striving to raise the bar, with their environmental performance and risk.
Location Sunderland, of which the Role Responsibilities Include full development & implementation of ISO14001 EMS and preparation towards ISO50001 EMS.
Carry out regular internal audits.
Develop policies, processes and procedures. Regular Reviewing of environmental data (e.g. Energy, transportation, waste) to evaluate our performance versus industry benchmark.
Research and keep up-to-date with the latest environmental developments, key legislation, guidance and standards
Produce high-quality, business-focused environmental reports.
Provide strategic advice relating to environmental, carbon and utilities management.
Plan and develop projects in an independent manner with guidance from senior colleagues and external consultants.
• Develop & implement the ISO 14001 standard.
• Develop our Sustainability 3-year plan with support.
• Carry out risk assessments and consider how risks could be reduced;
• Carry out regular site inspections to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented;
• Ensure working practices comply with legislation;
• Prepare Environmental strategies and develop internal policy;
• Lead in-house training with managers and employees about Environmental & Sustainability issues and risks;
• Keep records of inspection findings and produce reports that suggest improvements;
• Define and report key KPI’s.
• Keep up to date with new legislation and maintain a working knowledge of all E&S legislation and any developments that affect the employer’s industry;
• Attend relevant seminars and read professional journals;
• Produce management reports, newsletters and bulletins;
• Manage and organise the safe disposal of hazardous substances, e.g. asbestos;
• Advise on a range of specialist areas, e.g. waste management, climate change and emissions, air and water pollution and energy efficiency.
• Relevant degree and MSc (preferable)
• Minimum of one year’s relevant UK experience
• Strong communicator, able to present confidently at meetings
• Excellent written and verbal skills
• Well organised including, attention to detail, project and time management
• Good analytical skills
• Auditing experience
The ability to get on well with a wide range of people and build long term trusting relationships
• Brings tensions to the surface, helps to resolve conflicts and produces a positive outcome
• Builds rapport with people
• Goes out of way to develop trust in relationships
• Is good at resolving people issues before they get out of hand
• Is sensitive to the unspoken feelings of others
• Looks for common ground and builds co-operation even in difficult circumstances
• Notices when others need help and support
BE THE BEST
Applied Professional and Technical skills
This competency reflects the ability and expertise to apply technical, professional and operational knowledge and skills
• Applies professional knowledge and experience on a day to day basis
• Has sufficient depth and breadth of skill to deal with out of the ordinary situations
• Has working knowledge of relevant professional practices
• Is able to use their specialist knowledge and expertise for the common good
• Maintains and develops professional and specialist knowledge
• Provides technical and professional support to less experienced people
The ability to give and gather information and to actively manage the communication process
• Asks questions to find out others real views and check understanding
• Has a manner, style and presence that makes a positive impression
• Listens to and considers other views
• States own views clearly and concisely
• Tackles disagreement constructively
Uses communication channels appropriately and in a way that generates a positive reaction in the recipients
The ability to focus on own development and to take action to learn.
• Actively seeks feedback to assist with continuous self-improvement
• Evaluates own performance
• Is able to accurately identify own development needs
• Open to learning
• Reviews & consciously learns from experience
• Sees own development as important
• Takes responsibility for setting up their own learning opportunities
• Continually assesses a situation and adapts behaviour accordingly
MAKE IT HAPPEN
The ability to generate new ideas through original thought
• Able to come up with new ways of doing things that get people thinking
• Challenges current thinking to foster innovation
• Finds innovative solutions to problems through persistent curiosity
• Is able to make progress by looking at things in a new light
• Thinks ‘outside the box’ to come up with innovative ideas
• Tries things out to seek new and better ways of doing things
The ability to respond & adapt to changing circumstances and to manage, solve problems and provide solutions in a climate of ambiguity
• Adopts ideas used successfully elsewhere
• Challenges conventional views to benefit the business
• Enthusiastically accepts beneficial change
• Generates innovative ideas and solutions
• Identifies when changes are needed
• Suggests ideas for possible improvements
• Translates ideas into practical solutions
• Ensures own work is in line with the direction of the organisation
The ability to evaluate or judge the best course of action and to make decisions at the appropriate speed
• Applies common sense when making decisions
• Can make considered decisions quickly when necessary
• Is prepared to be influenced by sound arguments and new information or evidence
• Seeks expert advice or objective opinions before making decisions
• Thinks on feet to develop solutions
DO THE RIGHT THING
Integrity and Ethical management
The ability to work ethically according to professional & company values
• Ensures Health and Safety is at the Core of everyday activities
• Ensures Quality procedures are followed at all times
• Accepts responsibility for own work & decisions
• Admits mistakes
• Gives credit to deserving parties and does not take credit for the work of others
• Is loyal to the company and its principles
• Maintains principles even if short term commercial advantage is compromised
• Sticks to decisions which have been made and stays true to their word
The ability to contribute to teams and to improve their effectiveness through personal commitment.
• Develops a wide network of productive relationships around the business
• Develops ideas and solutions jointly with others
• Encourages a strong sense of team spirit
• Focuses the team on what will contribute to success in the long term
• Gives fair and constructive feedback to team members
• Supports less experienced colleagues
• Takes responsibility for team’s actions